A Statement on Covid-19
Since measures introduced by the Government regarding the Covid-19 pandemic, we want to reassure all of our customers that we will continue to provide services to you. We have implemented robust Business Continuity plans, and are working remotely.
These are unprecedented times and some elements of your service will undoubtedly change. We have summarised our current position on existing and potential impacts to service that we foresee below.
How could my service be affected?
- Service Desk, Proactive Services and IT Management activities are being operated remotely.
- We expect an increase in support volume to our Service Desk during core hours and are making adjustments to ensure we can meet demand and resolve incidents as quickly as possible.
- Service Review and Account Management meetings will be conducted remotely - over video where appropriate.
- Physical replacement services (hardware break-fix) to sites may be delayed for anything deemed non-essential and will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Network & Hosting
- Network traffic is expected to increase due to a greater reliance on cloud and SaaS applications. Our networks have capacity for significantly increased bandwidth, and we are monitoring usage closely.
- We are working closely with our Data Centre providers, however, reduced access is highly unlikely and we do not expect an impact to Hosting services.
- Non-essential projects requiring onsite installation will be delayed as per Government guidelines. Remote work will be carried out as normal.
- We are prioritising projects that support our customer’s remote working capability.
- Our distribution and build capability will continue to operate, there may be some delays in the delivery of equipment from couriers.
- Some suppliers, including Cisco, are experiencing stock shortages and product delays of 3-12 weeks caused by slowdowns in manufacturing and increased demand.
- We strongly recommend that you have Maintenance Agreements in place for any critical hardware so that stock is secured. Please contact your Account Manager for further information.
- We recommend any anticipated projects requiring hardware are raised with your Account Manager to ensure deadlines are not missed or reduced.
We are actively monitoring the situation and taking all appropriate advice to ensure the actions that we take are proportionate to the risk, and will continue to keep you informed if we make any further changes. The safety and well-being of our people and clients is our top priority.