PKF Littlejohn Case Study
PKF Littlejohn use Wanstor’s Infrastructure as a Service to provide a better service to their team, become more agile and allow for growth by adopting a future proof approach to their IT.
The management team at PKF Littlejohn, the independent firm of chartered accountants and business advisors based at Canary Wharf in London, recognised that the provision of their IT wasn’t as effective as it could be and the time was right to make a strategic change, adapting to an ‘Infrastructure-as-a-Service’ approach for their IT Services going forward.
With such a reliance on IT to deliver their accountancy and advisory services effectively, they identified that they had an ageing IT Infrastructure in need of replacement, physically located at their head office and a small internal team trying to deliver on new projects while at the same time having to support all IT users within the organisation. With over 200 staff and with frequent client assignments in over 70 countries, they also identified an increased need to cater for users that required secure, remote access to their business critical applications and data from any location.
Following a robust pre-qualification process, Wanstor was found to be the best fit for PKF Littlejohn, having demonstrated that we had the requisite resources, secure private cloud infrastructure, experience and established processes needed to deliver on their new IT Services in an efficient and timely manner.
By adopting a new Infrastructure-as-a-Service solution, PKF Littlejohn has benefited from:
- Access to our secure, fully UK based private cloud infrastructure to house all of their applications and data, ensuring that all business and regulatory requirements are being met, while reducing the single points of dependency in the network.
- Versatile remote access options for home and remote workers.
- Allowing their existing internal IT team to focus on higher value projects, such as the continued development of in-house software applications and allowing them to be included on valuable consultancy engagements.
- Having a fully flexible service model that can grow and shrink quickly according to the changing requirements of the business, with billing only for services and resources that have actually been used.
- Transparent and predictable IT costs for ongoing management and maintenance, with full control retained by the internal IT team down to a granular level.
- Integrated 24x7 network monitoring and faster IT Support from a single supplier with a knowledgeable and experienced team, working to a robust service level agreement (SLA).
- Regular infrastructure refreshes and upgrades, removing the need for resources to purchase replacement servers, server upgrades, licensing agreements, software upgrades and the like.
- Having all of their data and applications securely backed up online, with complete multi-site replication and long term archiving.
- The peace of mind knowing that they have in-built, robust and proven business continuity plans in place, designed to keep the business operational in the event of disaster.
- More comprehensive service reporting and more time to focus on IT strategy rather than on the day-to-day IT operations, which should provide the platform to allow for better, business focused decisions to be made going forward.
Following the smooth migration from the existing infrastructure to our private cloud, the team at PKF Littlejohn now enjoys the peace of mind knowing that they have adopted a future proof, secure and enterprise grade IT solution that allows their partners to focus on growth and opportunity as they drive their business forward through the more effective use of flexible technology.
- Focus on Core Strengths
- Improved Service
- Increased Security
- Future Proof Solution
- Business Efficiencies
Wanstor is proud to help PKF Littlejohn streamline their IT Service delivery by offering them an Infrastructure-as-a-Service solution. We look forward to building a strong relationship built on outstanding service delivery and technical excellence.
James Braithwaite, Senior Solutions Analyst.