Corporate Social Responsibility
Wanstor recognises that we have a wider responsibility to our wider community, the economy and the environment.
We base our Corporate Social Responsibility strategy on working towards three key elements, as follows:
Health and Happiness of Employees
- Wellbeing - Wanstor promotes health and wellbeing by incentivising all staff to quit smoking and start cycling to work. Cycling is great not only for the employee but has a positive impact on the environment too.
- Happiness - Along with our commitment to service and technical excellence, personal development is paramount. Wanstor uses the review system to create a training and development plan for each of our employees. For any relationship to work, it needs to be mutually beneficial. Growth of our engineers benefits Wanstor, our clients and the individual.
- Five-a-day - A simple way to encourage staff to be healthy. Wanstor provides fruit on a daily basis to help staff on their way to their daily intake of five a day.
Contribution to Society
- Team Building and Fund Raising - In alignment with promoting a healthy, happy office, Wanstor staff are encouraged by the directors to take part in team building activities organised by charities. This has the team involved in outdoor activities from endurance cycling to SAS assault courses.
- Economy - Wanstor provides a range of graduate schemes for students leaving university and looking to transition from student to professional. We understand that we can contribute to getting the economy back on track by recruiting young people that may otherwise find it hard to get onto the professional ladder.
- Service Excellence - Customer service is at the forefront of everything we do. From the way we answer the phone, to how we present our reports, it's all geared towards providing our clients with the best service and stress free experience. Core to this ethos are two management methodologies. The first of these is the ISO 9000 quality system and its program of continuous improvement. The second is the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), which provides us with a comprehensive guide on the best practices of IT service management.
- Paperless Office - Wanstor strive to be a paperless office. Forests store 50% of the world's terrestrial carbon and hold onto pollution that would otherwise be contributing to global warming. Half the world's forests have already been cleared or burned, and 80% of what's left has been seriously degraded. Deforestation means more CO2, more CO2 means enhanced greenhouse effect.
- Energy Saving - Energy saving through virtualisation and Wanstor's colocation data centre - Aside from the savings our clients make through their reduced electricity bills, virtualisation can create up to 10% energy saving by consolidating your physical servers into one virtualised server. If this server is then hosted in a data centre, you are also saving energy through not needing the air conditioning on full to keep your servers cool.
- Waste Management - Wanstor aids reduction of the amount of electronic equipment being put into land fill by reusing, recycling and encourages our clients to do the same through us. The amount of hazardous materials produced in the world today is growing fast. As a distributer of electrical and electronic equipment, we understand it is our responsibility to contribute to keeping waste to a minimum.
- Climate Savers Computing - As enthusiasts of the Climate Savers Computing Initiative, we commit to producing products that meet power-efficiency targets and purchasing power-efficient computing products.