Hestia has helped people in crisis for more than 50 years. What started, as a small group providing food to the homeless, has evolved into a not-for-profit business, helping more than 10,000 people each year to move on to a life beyond crisis.
Hestia recognised that IT had evolved significantly over recent years and it wanted to take advantage of this to become a more agile business and deliver the best experience for its staff and volunteers.
Hestia decided to bring one of Wanstor’s senior engineers onsite in a full time capacity to help drive the transformational change needed and create a new, stable and secure hosted infrastructure and implement a safe remote working environment.
- IT infrastructure rebuilt to be more sustainable, manageable and cost-effective
- Remote services replaced to improve remote working
- OneDrive and Filesharing introduced to enable secure and effective collaboration
- More streamlined, efficient staff onboarding system introduced
- Daily troubleshooting of all company-wide IT issues